List of Publications Year Wise
- Parim Brahmanaidu, V.V. Sathibabu Uddandrao, Vadivukkarasi Sasikumar, Ramavat Ravindar Naik, Suresh Pothani, Mustapha Sabana Begum, M.Prasanna Rajeshkumar, Chandrasekar Varatharaju, Balaji Meriga, P. Rameshreddy, A. Kalaivani, Ganapathy Saravanan. Reversal of endothelial dysfunction in aorta of streptozotocin- nicotinamide-induced type-2 diabeitc rats by S-Allylcysteine.
- Owais M Bhat, P Uday Kumar, N Harishankar, L Ravichandaran, A.Bhatia and Veena Dhawan. Interleukin-18-induced cell adhesion molecule expression is associated with feedback regulation by PPAR-γ and NF-κB in Apo E -/- mice. Mol. Cell. Biochem. 7 Feb.2017. DOI 10. 1007/s1 1010-016-2922-8.
- Parim Brahma Naidu, VV Sathibabu Uddandrao, Ramavat Ravindar Naik, Suresh Pothani, Praveen Kumar Munipally, Balaji Meriga, Mustapha Sabana Begum, Chandrasekar Varatharaju, Rajesh Pandiyan, Ganapathy Saravanan. Effects of S-Allylcysteine on Biomarkers of the Polyol Pathway in Rats with Type 2 Diabetes Canadian Journal of Diabetes.2016: 40 (5), 442-448
- K. Manickavasagam S. Sudha Revathy, P. Suresh, M. Murugesan: Anti urolithiatic activity of a siddha herbomineral drug by zinc implantation method in experimental rats World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.2016: 4 (8), 233-244
- Brahma Naidu P, Uddandrao VV, Ravindar Naik R, Suresh P, Meriga B, Begum MS, Pandiyan R,Saravanan G Ameliorative potential of gingerol: Promising modulation of inflammatory factors and lipid marker enzymes expressions in HFD induced obesity in rats. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinol.2016:419;139-47
- Brahma Naidu Parim, Hanuma Kumar GEN, RamavatRavindarNaik, P Suresh, Ganjayi M. Ethanolic fraction of Terminaliatomentosaattenuates biochemical and physiological derangementsin diet induced rat model by regulating key metabolizing enzymes and adipokines. Pharmacognosy Magazine. 2016
- Karnam Shruthi, S.S Reddy, P. Y Reddy, P. Sivalingam, N. Harishankar and G.Bhanuprakash Reddy. Amelioration of neuronal cell death in a spontaneous obese rat model by dietary restriction through modulation of ubiquitin proteasome system. J.Nutr.Biochem. 2016; JNB-15-574R1.
- Sudha Revathy S, R.Rathinamala, P. Suresh, M. Murugesan, K.Manickavasagam, Induction of bladder calculi by Zinc disc implantation method In experimental rats – A pilot study.’ Vol. 7, Issue 7; July, 2016 Issue of International Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences and Research.
- Rajender Rao Kalashikam and Ragunath Manchala (2016). Nutrigenomics and Epigenomics: an over view. pp 465-475. Text Book of Human Nutrition Published by Oxford & Ibh Publishing Co Pvt Ltd.
- Naga Muralidhar Merugu, Raghunath Manchala, Rajender Rao Kalashikam (2016). Nutri (Epi) Genomics and Metabolic Syndrome. Proc Indian Natn Sci Acad. 82 (5), 1425-1436.
- C.Padmalatha, N.Shivaram, P. Kiran Kumar , R.Naveen, T.Sarita and N.Harishankar. Effect of CPP-ACP, polarized enamel using hydrogen peroxide on reminerlizing potential of bovine – an ex-vivo study. Int J Curr Res. 2015. Vol.7. (4) 15230-15233
- Dinesh Thummuri, Manish K Jeengar, Shweta Shrivastava, Harishankar Nemani, Ravindar N Ramavat, Pradip chaudhari, V.G.M.Naidu. Thymoquinone Inhibits RANKL Induced Osteoclastogenesis by Suppressing NF-KB and MAPK Signalling: A Study in Macrophage Cells and Mouse Model of Bone Loss. Pharmacol Res. 2015.99:63-73.
- Hemalatha, R, Annapurna,V.V, Ramaraju A.V.S, Narendra Babu K, Thirupathaiah ,Y, Shujauddin Md. Harishankar. N, Balakrishna, N. Selective ceacal bacterial changes mediate the adverse effects associated with high palmolein or high starch diets: Prophylactic role of Flax oil. IJPPR. November 2015: Vol 7 Issue 11, pp. 89-95.
- KK Battula, G Nappanveettil, S Nakanishi, T Kuramoto, JM Friedman and K.R. Rao (2015). Phylogeny of WNIN and WNIN/Ob rat strains. Biochemical Genetics: 53 (4-6), 132-140
- Kumar MP, Sankeshi V, Naik RR, Thirupathi P, Das B, Raju TN. The inhibitory effect of Isoflavones isolated from Caesalpinia pulcherrima on aldosereductase in STZ induced diabetic rats. Chem Biol Interact 2015 May 15;237:18-24. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2015.05.010.
- M.Satyavani; P.Udaya kumar; N.Harishankar; R.Ravinder Naik and P. Suresh - Sprague Dawley/NIN hairless mutant rat-A model to study carcinogenesis J. Cancer Sci. Ther. 2015,7:8
- Nagabhushan Reddy. Konapalli , Anil. Sakamuri , Kalashikam Rajendhar Rao , RajendharReddy M, Praveen Kumar Y, Sirasani Satyanarayana, Raghunath Manchala (2015). "Effect of Chromium (III) - Amino acid (1:3) Complexes on High Sucrose Induced Insulin Resistance, Lipid Abnormalities and Oxidative Stress in Male Sprague Dawley Rats" Journal of Diabetes and Obesity: 2 (1), 8
- P. Sailaja, P. Suresh and N.Harishankar. “Lipid and body weight lowering effect of Garcinia fruit rind on WNIN/GR-Ob rats” poster presented in the 11th International Food Data Conference held at NIN on 3rd -5th November 2015
- Parim BrahmaNaidu, Nemani Harishankar, Balaji Meriga, Sailaja Pothana, Sajjalaguddam Ramgopalrao. Effects of Piper nigrum extract: Restorative perspectives of high fat diet induced changes on lipid profile, body composition and hormones in Sprague Dawley rats. Pharm Biol. 2015. 53 (9), 1318-13238.
- Prakash Tiwari, Satya Sahay, Manuraj Pandey, Syed S.Y.H. Qadri and Krishna P. Gupta. Combinatorial chemopreventive effect of butyric acid, nicotinamide and calcium glucarate against the 7,12-dimethylbenz(a) anthracene induced mouse skin tumorigenesis attained by enhancing the induction of intrinsic apoptotic events. Chemico-Biological Interactions 2015, Vol 26, pp 1-11.
- Ramakrishna Dandanayakula, Naga Surya Prasad Kotikalapudi, VenuGopal Gouri, Suresh Pothani and Vijayalakshmi Venkatesan: Carcinosin 30 c Protects Islets against STZ induced Beta Cell dys Functions. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (2015) 05(01): 753-768
- Ravindar Naik Ramavat*, Abhaykumar, Suresh Pothani, Nagaraju T. Modulatory Effects Of Andrographolide On Attenuating The Key Enzymes Activities Of Carbohydrate Metabolism And Glycogen Content In Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Rats. Eur J Biomed & Pharm Sci 2015; 2: 438-451.
- S. Indumathi, B. Padmanav, P. Uday Kumar, P. Suresh, R. Bhonde, C. Maniprabha,V.Vijayalakshmi : Non-obese diabetic mice, hypoglycaemia and liver necrosis: a case report Comparative Clinical Pathology, \ 2015, Volume 24, Issue 2, pp 457-464
- Satya Vani Motha, Hindumathi Amballa and Narasimha Reddy Bhumi “Application of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi to improve plant growth in Solanum melongena L” Annals of Biological Research, 2015, 6 (9):21-28
- Sd Muzammil Afzal, VGM Naidu, N. Harishankar and V. Kishan. Albumin Anchored Docetaxel Lipid Nanoemulsion For Improved Targeting Efficiency-Preparation, Characterization, Cytotoxic, Antitumor And In vivo Imaging Studies. Drug deliv 2015. 19: 1-9.
- Shivaram Nemani, Uday K Putcha, Madhusudhanachary Perikety, Sailaja Potha, Giridharan Nappanveettil and Harishankar Nemani. Botulinum Neurotoxin effects on Masseter Muscle fibre in WNIN obese rats – Scanning Electron Microscope Analysis. 2015. Scanning. DOI: 10.1002/sca.21283.
- Bhaskarachary, K., Ramulu, P., Udayasekhararao, P., Bapurao, S., Kamala Krishnaswamy., Qadri, S.S.Y.H., Udaykumar, P. and Sesikeran, B.Chemical composition, nutritional and toxicological evaluation of peanut (Arachis hypogea) grown in fly ash amended soils. Indian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics,Vol. 51, 2014, 11-23.
- Indumathi S, Padmanav B, Uday Kumar, Suresh P, Bhonde R, Maniprabha C, Vijayalakshmi V (2014) Non Obese Diabetic mice, hypoglycaemia and liver necrosis: A case report. Comparative Clinical Pathology
- K.R. Rao, Nirupamalal and NV Giridharan. (2014). Genetics and epigenetics approach to human Obesity. Indian J Med Res 140, 589-603
- Kalashikam RR, Padmavathi I.J.N, Anju E thomus, Sugeetha Jeyapal, NV Giridharan and Raghunath M. (2014). Leptin gene promoter DNA methylation in WNIN obese mutant rats. Lipids in Health and Disease 2014, 13:25. doi:10.1186/1476-511X-13-25
- Mehrajuddin Bhat, Bindu Noolu, Qadri SSYH and Ayesha Ismail, Vitamin D deficiency decreases adiposity in rats and causes altered expression of uncoupling proteins and steroid receptor coactivator3. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry & Molecular Biology 144(2014) 304-312.
- Naidu PB, Ponmurugan P, Begum MS, Mohan K, Meriga B, RavindarNaik R, Saravanan G. Diosgenin reorganises hyperglycaemia and distorted tissue lipid profile in high-fat diet-streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Sci Food Agric. 2014 Dec 22. doi: 10.1002/jsfa.7057.
- Parim BrahmaNaidu, Harishankar Nemani, Balaji Meriga, Santosh kumar Mehar, Sailaja Pothana, Sajjalaguddam Ramgopalrao. Mitigating efficacy of piperine in the physiological derangments in high fat diet induced obesity in sprague dawley rats. Chemico Biological Interaction, 2014. Jul 31;221C:42-51. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2014.07.008. (Epub ahead of print).
- Prashanth Anamthathmakula Shanmugam M Jeyakumar Singotamu Lodhu, Harishankar Nemani, Giridharan Nappan Veetil and Ayyalsomayajula Vajreswari. Mitochondriogenesis and apoptosis: possible cause of vitamin A-mediated adipose loss in WNIN/Ob-obese rats. Nutrition & Metabolism, 2014. doi:10.1186/1743-7075-11-45.
- Ravindar Naik Ramavat*, Abhaykumar, Praveen kumar munipally, Nagaraju T, Ddaykumar Puchha, Vijaykumar Valavala. Influence of andrographolide on streptozotocin-induced osmotic and oxidative stress in hepatic tissues of sprague-dawley rats. Pharmanest 2014; 5:2334-2338.
- Satya Vani Motha, Hindumathi Amballa and Narsimha Reddy Bhumi “Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi associated with rhizosphere soils of brinjal cultivated in Andhra Pradesh, India”. International Journal of current Microbiology and Applied Sciences SSN: 2319-7706 Volume 3 Number 5 (2014) pp. 519-529
- Satya Vani Motha, Hindumathi Amballa and Narsimha Reddy Bhumi “Influence of Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on plant growth promotion and biological control of verticillium wilt of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum)” International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences Int J Pharma Bio Sci 2014;5(4): (B) 1000-1009
- VVR Kanth, M Sasikala, USA Padaki Nagaraja Rao, KR Rao, DN Reddy (2014). Pooled genetic analysis in ultrasound measured non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in Indian subjects: A pilot study. World journal of hepatology 6 (6), 435
- Yucang Li,Cule Wen, Dolly Mushahary, Ragamouni Sravanthi, Nemani Harishankar, Gopal pande, Peter Hodgson. Collagen type-I leads to in vivo matrix mineralization and secondry stabilization of Mg-Zr-Ca alloy implants. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 20141;122:719-28. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2014.08.005. Epub 2014 Aug 19.
- B. Kala Kumar, S.S.Y.H. Qadri, B. Vikram Kumar and A. Gopala Reddy: Use of Propofol and Xylazine combination for use in Small Animal Densitometry , Indian Veterinary Journal, June 2013, 90 (6): 106-107.
- Amit K. Jaiswal, Rohit V. Dhumal, Sandipto Ghosh, Pradip Chaudhari, Harishankar Nemani, Vivek P. Soni, Geeta R. Vanage and Jayesh R. Bellare. Bone healing evaluation of nanofibrous composite scaffolds in rat calvarial defects: A comparative study. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology.2013. 9(12): 2073-2085 (13).
- Amol L Shirfule, Venkatesh Racharla, SSYH Qadri and Arjun L Khandare*. Exploring Antiurolithic Effects of Gokshuradi Polyherbal Ayurvedic Formulation in Ethylene Glycol Induced Urolithic Rats. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Volume 2013, Article ID 763720, 9 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/763720 [Hindwi Publications, Impact factor- 4.778]
- Anand Kumar Kalle, Lalitha Anumula, Pavithra D, Padmavathi I.J.N, Manisha Ganeshan Rajender Rao K, Venu Lagishetty, Balakrishna Nagalla, Harishanker Nemani, Umakar Reddy S, Giriraj Ratan Chandak, Shantanu Sengupta and Raghunath, M. Maternal dietary folate and / or vitamin b12 restrictions alter body composition (adiposity) and lipid metabolism in wistar rat offspring. J.Nutr.Biochem 2013; 24: 25-31.
- Ayesha Ismail, Mehraj, Kalamkoti, Qadri SSYH, Seshacharyulu, M. Endocrinology-Vitamin D deficiency induced muscle wasting occurs through the ubiquitin proteasome pathway and is partially corrected by calcium in male rats”, 2013.154(11): 4018-4029.
- D Mushahary, C Wen, JM Kumar, N Harishankar, G Pande, P Hodgson, Y Li. “Effect of Collagen type-I on the rate of osseointegration of Ca-containing biodegradable Mg-Zr based alloys” European Cells and Materials Vol. 26. Suppl. 6, 2013 (page 22) ISSN 1473-2262 http://www.ecmjournal.org.
- Dolly Mushahary, Ragamouni Sravanthi, Jerald Mahesh, Nemani Harishankar, Gopal Pande. Zr, Ca and Sr Contents in Mg Based Biodegradable Alloys Modulate the Efficiency of Implant Induced Osseointegration. Int.J.Nanomedicine.2013. 8: 2887–2902.
- H. Nemani, S. U. Putchha, S. Pothani, G. Nappanveettil 2013. Oxidative damage, ageing and degenerative diseases in WNIN Obese rats. Ann Nutr Metab.; 63(suppl1):1–1960 1165 (Abstract).(I.F:2.26).
- Kalashikam RR, Battula KK, Kirlampalli V, Friedman JM, Nappanveettil G. (2013) Obese Locus in WNIN/Obese Rat Maps on Chromosome 5 Upstream of Leptin Receptor. PLoS One. 21;8(10):e77679. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0077679.
- R N. Ramavat, H. Nemani, S. Pothani, N. Turlapati, B, R. Geereddy 2013 Effect of Andrographolide on Streptozotocinn-induced diabetic cataract in Sprague Dawley rats. Ann Nutr Metab;63(suppl 1):1–1960, 1198 (Abstract). (Paper presented in the IUNS 20th International Conference of Nutrition, Granada, Spain,
- Ramavat R.N., H. Nemani., S. Pothani., P. Udayakumar, N. Turlapati., 2013 , “Influence of Andrographolide on Streptozotocin induced osmotic and oxidative stress in hepatic tissue of SD rats” Paper presented in the International conference and Exhibition on Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry & Natural products, Hyderabad, 21-23.
- S. Manikonda, U K. Putchha, S. Pothana, S. Pothani, M. Murthy, S. Kovela, H. Nemani 2013., Anti-hyperglycemic and Anti-obesity effect of Ichnocarpus Frutescens, Linn.on Streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. Ann Nutr Metab; 63(suppl 1):1–1960. 1187 (Abstract). (I.F:2.26).
- Sankeshi V, Kumar PA, Naik RR, Sridhar G, Kumar MP, Gopal VV, Raju TN. Inhibition of aldose reductase by Aegle marmelos and its protective role in diabetic cataract. J Ethnopharmacol 2013 Aug 26;149(1):215-21.
- Sasikala M, Rao GV, Vijayalakshmi V, Pradeep R, Pothani S, Kumar PP, Gaddipati R, Sirisha G, Cheemalakonda R, Tandan M,Subramanyam C, Vasudevan S, Reddy DN 2013. Long-term functions of encapsulated islets grafted in nonhuman primates without immunosuppression. Transplantation. 15; 96 (7): 624-32.
- Sravanthi Ragamouni, Jerald Mahesh Kumar, Dolly Mushahary, Harishankar Nemani and Gopal Pande. Histological analysis of cells and matrix mineralizationof new bone tissue induced in rabbit femur bones by Mg-Zr based biodegradable implants. Acta Histochemica, 2013;115 (7):748-56.
- Bhaskarachary Kandlakunta, Ramulu Punna, Udayasekhararao Paruchuri, Bapurao Sangras, Kamala Krishnaswamy, Syed Qadri, Uday Kumar Putcha and Sesikeran Boindala. Chemical composition, nutritional and toxicological evaluation of (oryza sativa) grown in Fly Ash Amended soils. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture (2012), 92: Issue 13, 2721-2726.
- K.R. Rao*, Padmavathi I J N, Venu L and Raghunath M. (2012). Does 11β-Hsd1 Associate with the Development of Visceral Adiposity in Maternal Mg Restricted Wistar/Nin Rat Offspring?. Endocrinology & Metabolic Syndrome. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-1017.S7-002
- K.R. Rao, Padmavathi I J N and Raghunath M. (2012). Maternal micronutrient restriction programs the body adiposity, adipocyte function and lipid metabolism in offspring: A rev iew. Reviews in Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases. 13(2) 103-108
- Nemani Harishankar and Nappanveettil Giridharan. Restoration of libido in WNIN/GR-Ob rats by administration of high dose of Testosterone propionate. Adv.Stud.Biol. 2012. 12:557-571.
- Nemani Harishankar, Eunni Seshadri, Subramanyam Kalyanasundaram and Nappanveettil Giridharan. Impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) to frank diabetes, by dietary manipulations in 4.552WNIN/GR-Ob rats. J. Diab. Mell. 2012. Vol.2. No.1. 52-58.
- Satishkumar,M. Y. Ali, P. Sailaja, S. Mahesh, M.V.Surekha, N.V.Giridharan and N.Harishankar. Therapeutic properties of Mucuna pruriens Linn – an Unani drug, in a prediabetic obese rat model. Int.J.Body comp res. 2012.10; 1:1-8.
- Sharma N, Ethiraj KR, Yadav M, Nayarisseri A, Chaurasiya M, Vankudavath RN, Rao KR. (2012 ) Identification of LOGP values and Electronegativities as structural insights to model inhibitory activity of HIV-1 Capsid Inhibitors - A SVM and MLR aided QSAR studies. Curr Top Med Chem. 12 (16), 1763-74
- Siva Sanakara Vara Prasad Sakamuri, Mahesh Sukapaka, Vijay Kumar Prathipati, Harishankar Nemani, Uday Kumar Putcha, Shailaja Pothana, Swarupa Rani Koppala, Lakshmi Raj Kumar Ponday, Vani Acharya, Giridharan Nappanveettil, Vajreswari ayyalasomayajula. Carbenoxolone treatment ameliorated metabolic syndrome in WNIN/Ob obese rats, but induced severefat loss and glucose intolerance in lean rats. PLOS ONE; Dec. 2012; Vol 7; Issue 12; e50216.
- Thingnganing Longvah, Korra Manghtya and Syed SYH Qadri. Eri silkworm: a source of edible oil with a high content of α-linolenic acid and of significant nutritional value. Journal of Food Science Agriculture (2012), 92: (9): 1988-93.
- Umakanta Swain, Kiran Kumar Sindhu, Ushasri Boda, Suresh Pothani, Nappan V. Giridharan, Manchala Raghunath, Kalluri Subba Rao, 2012 Mechanisms of Ageing and Development 133:112–117
- Yucang Li,Cule Wen, Dolly Mushahary, Ragamouni Sravanthi, Nemani Harishankar, Gopal pande, Peter Hodgson. Mg-Zr-Sr alloys as biodegradable implant materials. Acta Biomaterialia 8 2012. 3177–3188.
- JJ Babu, Qadri SSYH, Sesikeran B. Maternal Nutrition in Early Pregnancy Effects Placental Development. International Journal of Medicine and Public Health, 2011, Vol.1, Issue 2.
- K Prashanth, K Rajender Rao, PV Vivek Reddy, R Saranathan, Abhijith R Makki. (2011) Genotypic Characterization of Staphylococcus Aureus Obtained from Humans and Bovine Mastitis Samples in India. Journal of Global Infectious Diseases. 3(2) 115-122
- Manisha Ganeshan, Sainath, P.B, Padmavathi, I.J.N, Venu Lagishetty, Kishore,Y.D, Kalle anand, Harishankar Nemani, Srinivasa Rao, J and Raghunath Manchala. Maternal manganese restriction increases susceptibility to high fat diet induced dyslipidemia and altered adipose function in WNIN male rat offspring. Exp.Diab.Res. 2011
- Mir Yousuf Ali, Satish Kumar, Rasheed, N.M.A and N.Harishankar. Effect of the seed of Linum usitatissimum activity on experimental rats. IJUR. 2011. 33-36
- N. Harishankar. A. Vajreswari,. N. V. Giridharan. WNIN/GR-Ob – An insulin-resistant obese rat model from inbred WNIN strain. Indian J Med Res. 2011; 134:320-329.
- Nemani Harishankar, Punjal Ravinder, K.Madhavan Nair and Nappanveettil Giridharan. Infertility in WNIN obese mutant rats – causes ?. ISRN Endocrinology, 2011c. Article ID 863403, 7 pages. doi:10.5402/2011/863403.
- Nemani Harishankar, Putcha Uday Kumar, Boindala Sesikeran and Nappanveettil Giridharan. Obesity associated pathophysiological & histological changes in WNIN obese mutant rats. Indian J Med Res. 2011; 134:330-340.
- Padmavathi I J N*, K.R. Rao* and Raghunath M. (2011). Impact of maternal chromium restriction on glucose tolerance, plasma insulin and oxidative stress in Wistar/NIN rat offspring: Journal of Molecular Endocrinology. 47 (3) 261-71(*equally contributed).
- I.J.N.Padmavathi, K.Rajender Rao, L.Venu,Ch.Narasimha Rao, N. Harishankar, Ayesha Ismail and Manchala Raghunath.“Chroinic Dietary restriction modulates visceral adiposity probable underlying mechanism” Diabetes. 2010. 59:98-104.
- Longvah T, Qadri SSYH, Manghtya K, Ramulu P. Compositional, Nutritional, and Toxicological Evaluation of Eri-silk worm (Samia ricinii) prepupae and pupae. Journal of Agricultural Food Chem. Publication No. 10-1-LON-JAFC-27-6, 2010
- Padmavathi I J N, K.R. Rao, Venu L, Ayesha Ismail and Raghunath M. (2010). Maternal dietary chromium restriction programs muscle development and function in the rat offspring. Experimental Biology and Medicine. 235: 349-355
- Sakamuri SS Vara Prasad, Sahnmugam S Jeya Kumar, Putcha Uday Kumar, Syed SYH Qadri, Ayyalasomayajula Vajreswari. Dietary fatty acid composition alters 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 gene expression in rat retroperitoneal white adipose tissue. Lipids in health and disease 2010, 9:111.
- Bhaskarachary Kandlakunta, Ramulu Punna, Udayasekhararao Paruchuri, Bapurao Sangras, Kamala Krishnaswamy, Syed Qadri, Uday Kumar Putcha and Sesikeran Boindala. Nutritional and toxicological evaluation of wheat grown on soils with or without fly ash treatment. Journal of Food Science and Agriculture 2009; 89: 384-389.
- Padmavathi J.N Inagadapa, DurgaKishore Yedla, Venu Lagishetty, Manisha Ganeshan, Harishankar Nemani, Giridharan NV, and Raghunath Manchala. “Prenatal and Perinatal Zinc Restriction: Effects on body composition, glucose tolerance and insulin response in rat offspring” Exp.Physiol, 94:6, 761-769. 2009.
- Raghunath M, Venu L, Padmavathi I J N, Kishore Y D, Manisha Ganesghan, Anand Kumar K, Sainath P B and K.R. Rao (2009). Modulation of micronutrient metabolism in the offspring by maternal micronutrient deficiency in experimental animals IJMR. 130: 655-665.
- R. Hemalatha, B.A. Ramalakshmi, S.S.Y.H. Qadri, N. Balakrishna, V.V. Annapurna and B. Sesikeran. Intrauterine Growth Restriction in Term Women with Histologic Chorioamnionitis. Research Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1 (1): 18-24, 2008.
- Venu L, Padmavathi I J N, Kishore Y D, Vijaya Bhanu N, Rajender Rao K, Sainath P B, Manisha Ganesghan and Raghunath M. (2008). Long term effects of maternal Magnesium restriction on adiposity and insulin resistance in rat pups. Obesity. 16, 1270 – 1276.
- Arjun.L.Khandare, P.Udayakumar, N.Harishankar, S.Kalyanasundaram. “Effect of Fluoride intake (with and without Molybdenum and Copper) on Body composition; Organ weights and Histopathology – a study in rabbits”. Fluoride 40(3), 184-189. 2007.
- Lagishetty V, Nandiwada VB, Kalashikam RR, Manchala R. (2007). Effect of maternal vitamin and mineral restrictions on the body fat content and adipocytokine levels of WNIN rat offspring. Nutr Metab (Lond). 4(1):21
- S. Chennaiah, S.S.Y.H. Qadri, C.V.K. Reddy, S.V. Rama Rao, G. Shymasunder, N. Raghuramulu (2007). Incorporation of Cestrum diurnum leaf improves intestinal Ca transport in broilers. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Elsevier, Belgium) 103, pp. 645-650. (I.F. 2.715).
- K. Rajender Rao, Ahmed N, Srinivas S, Leonardo A. Sechi, and Seyed E. Hasnain (2006). Rapid identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing genotypes on the basis of the mycobacterial interspersed repetitive unit locus 26 signature. J Clini Microbio . 44(1): 274-7.
- Kenchappa P, K. Rajender Rao, Ahmed N, Joshi S, Ghousunnissa S, Vijayalakshmi V and Murthy K J. (2006). Fluorescent Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism (FAFLP) based molecular epidemiology of hospital infections in a tertiary care setting in Hyderabad, India. Infection, Genetics and Evolution. 6 (3): 220-227
- Sesikeran B and Syed S.Y.H. Qadri. Establishing quality systems in nutrition research and nutrition programs – a critical component in capacity building. Proceedings International Symposium on Building Leadership skills in Food and Nutrition, Essential for National Development. CFTRI, Mysore (India), June 23-25, 2006.
- Uday Kumar P, Dinesh Kumar B, Annapurna V.V, Prasanna Krishna T, Kalyanasundaram S, Suresh P, Harishankar N, Jagadeesan V, Hariharan S, Nadamuni Naidu A, Kamala K, Rangarajan P.N, Srinivasan VA, Reddy GS and Sesikeran B 2006 Nonclinical Toxicology study of recombinant – plasmid DNA anti-rabies vaccine. Vaccine 24 p. (15) 2790-98.
- K. Rajender Rao, Kauser F, Srinivas Sriramula, Zanetti S, Sechi LA, Niyaz Ahmed and Seyed E. Hasnain (2005). Analysis of genomic downsizing on the basis of region-of-difference polymorphism profiling of Mycobacterium tuberculosis patient isolates reveals geographic partitioning. J Clini Microbio. 43(12): 5978-82.
- Kauser F, Hussain MA, Ahmed I, Srinivas S, Devi SM, Majeed AA, K. Rajender Rao, Khan AA, Sechi LA, and Ahmed N (2005). Comparing genomes of Helicobacter pylori isolates recovered from ulcer disease patients in England. BMC Microbiology. 25;5(1):32.
- Khandare AL, Suresh P, Kumar PU, Lakshmaiah N, Manjula N, Rao GS. 2005 Beneficial effect of copper supplementation on deposition of fluoride in bone in fluoride- and Molybdenum fed rabbits. Calcif Tissue Int. 77 (4) 233 8.
- N.V.Giriddharan, N.Harishankar and M.Satyavani, “Studies on Obese Rat model developed at NIN” Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes. 45-48, 2005.
- Prashanth Kenchappa, Virender S Sangwan, Niyaz Ahmed, K. Rajender Rao, Pathengay A, Annie Mathai, Mansoori T, Das T, Hasnain SE, Sharma S. (2005). High-resolution genotyping of Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains linked to acute post cataract surgery endophthalmitis outbreaks in India. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials.12; 4:19
- S.S.Y.H. Qadri, P. Uday Kumar and B. Sesikeran. (2005) Spontaneous pathological lesions of liver and lungs in Preclinical Toxicology Evaluation studies. Indian Journal of Veterinary Pathology. 29(2): 102-105.
- L.Venu, N.Harishankar, T.Prasanna Krishna and M.Raghunath. “Maternal dietary vitamin restriction increases body fat content but not insulin resistance in the rat offspring up to six months of age.” Diabetologia, 47: 1493-1501, 2004.
- Majeed A A, Niyaz Ahmed, K. Rajender Rao, S. Ghousunnissa, H. A. Nagarajaram, V. M. Katoch, Debby V. Cousins, Leonardo A. Sechi, Robert H. Gilman 5 and Seyed E. Hasnain (2004) AmpliBASE MT ® : A Mycobacterium tuberculosis diversity knowledgebase. Bioinformatics 20(6):989-92
- Niyaz Ahmed, Mahfooz Alam, K. Rajender Rao, Farhana K, Ashok kumar.N, Vartul S, sharma D ,Ram das, V.M katoch, KJR murthy, Sujai suneetha, Sk sharma, Leonardo A Sechi, RobertH Gilman, SE hasnain (2004) Molecular genotyping of a large multi centric collection of tuberculebacilli indicates geographical partitioning of strain variation: implications in global epidemiology of M.tuberculosis. Journal of Clinical microbiology. 42:(7)3242 - 47.
- P.Vijayachari, Niyaz Ahmed, A. P. Sgunan, Sheikh Ghousunnissa, K. Rajender Rao, SE Hasnain and Subhash C. Sehgal (2004). Fluorescent amplified fragment length polymorphism (FAFLP) based molecular epidemiology of Leptospirosis in India. Journal of Clinical microbiology. 42(8): 3575 - 80.
- S. Chennaiah., S.S.Y.H. Qadri., S.V. Rama Rao., G. Shyamsunder and N. Raghuramulu (2004) Cestrum diurnum leaf as a source of 1,25(OH)2 Vitamin D3 improves egg shell thickness. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (Elsevier, Belgium) 89-90, pp 589-594. (I.F. 2.715).
- Niyaz Ahmed, Luz Caviedes, Mahfooz Alam, K. Rajender Rao, Vartul Sangal, Patricia Sheen, Robert H.Gilman and Seyed E.Hasnain (2003) Distinctiveness of Mycobacterium tuberculosis genotypes from HIV-1 seropositive and seronegative patients in Lima, Peru. Journal of Clinical microbiology. 41: 1712 - 1716.
- D. Sreeramulu., K. Madhavan Nair., S.S.Y.H. Qadri and B. Siva Kumar., (1997). Changes in biochemical indicators of iron status during iron repletion and depletion in monkeys. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism 41: 126-136.
- V.Giridharan, N.Harishankar and M.Satyavani. “A New rat model from a spontaneous mutation in wistar strain” Exp.Clin.Endocrinol, Diabet. 105, Suppl, 3, 41-42, 1997.
- N.V.Giridharan, M.Satyavani and N.Harishankar. “WNIN/Ob. A new rat model for the study of obesity.” Scan J Lab Animal Sci. 23 (3), 131-137, 1996.
- Sangeeta B.,A.V.Laxmi.,M.S. Bamji and P.Suresh 1996. Flavin metabolism during respiratory infection: Brit.J. Nutr. VOL.76, 453-462
- Suresh P., 1996, Mad cow disease (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy).Nutrition Vol. 30 No.4.
- Shiva prakash M., Qadri S.S.Y.H. and Suresh P., (1995). Incidence and management of Taenia taeniformis (liver cyst) infestation in Laboratory rats. Laboratory Animals India, July, Vol. 5., No.2.
- D. Sreeramulu., S.S.Y.H. Qadri., K. Madhavan Nair., and B. Siva Kumar., (1994). Original paper: Induction of dietary Iron deficiency in Rhesus monkeys: Sequential changes in serum ferritin and other biochemical indicators of Iron status. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism 38: 322- 330.
- Suresh P., S.S.Y.H Qadri., and V. K. Ingle 1994. Cervical [Streptococcal] lymphadenitis in guinea pigs Laboratory Animals India Vol. 1(3) April 35-37
- Suresh P, Suryaprakash D and Ingle V.K. 1994. Age related colonisation of Microorganisms in laboratory rats. Lab.Animals. Ind. Vol,3, No,1-2, No.11
- Hemalatha P., Bhaskaram P., S.S.Y.H. Qadri and Ajeya Kumar P., (1993). Assessment of mild Zinc deficiency in children. Nutrition Research. 13 (20) 115-122.
- N. Chinnasamy, N.Harishankar, P.Udaykumar and C.Rukmini “Toxicological studies on debitterized neem oil (Azadirachta Indica).” Food. Chem. Toxic. Vol. 31. No.4. 297-301, 1993.
- N.V.Giridharan, C.N. Lakshmi, M.Satyavani and N.Harishankar. “Wistar/NIN-Igt, Wistar/NIN-Ob and Wistar/NIN-Ob-Igt. Three mutant animal models for diabetes and obesity from Wistar inbred colony. Rat Newsletter (29), 14-15, 1993.
- Prasad, Padmaja, A., Lakshmi, A.V., Suresh, P. and Bamji, M.S. 1992. Effect of upper respiratory infections on tissue riboflavin and flavin enzymes in mice. Ann Nutr Metab Vol 35 (1991) 19
- Qadri S.S.Y.H., Sesikeran B., (1992). Spontaneous fibrous histiocytoma in Sprague Dawley rats. Laboratory Animals India. Vol. 1., No. 4., pp. 36-40.
- Qadri S.S.Y.H., Suresh P. (1992) Cervical lymphadenitis in Guinea pigs. Laboratory Animals India, April. Vol. 1, No. 3., p-35-37.
- Suresh, P., Ingle, V.K. and Vijayalaxmi, V. 1992. Antibacterial activity of Eugenol in comparison with other antibiotics. J Food Sci Technol Vol 29(4) 254
- Vijayalaxmi R., S.S.Y.H. Qadri and Deosthale, Y., (1991). Effect of Eugenol on gastric functions in rats. Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition. 10, 161-169.
- Qadri S.S.Y.H. (1990) Pathology of Laboratory Animals. LAISC Newsletter. Vol. 23. pp. 1-8.
- R. Manorama, N.Harishankar, K.Polasa and C.Rukmini. “Mutagenicity studies on repeatedly heated crude and refined palm oil.” JOTAI. Apr-Jun. 29-31, 1989.
- Suresh. P, 1984. The Cat News letter published biannually from LAISC Issue April